Alleycat Bike Ride Scavenger Hunt
Saturday, June 8th ~ Palmer Colony Days Event
The bike scavenger hunt will start after the Colony Days Parade, approximately 1:00 pm, on the Palmer Green (the area between Rusty’s Cafe, Palmer Library and the Borough Building). Entry forms are available on line at www.palmerchamber.org , or before the event start.
Participants have 90 minutes to ride around the city of Palmer collecting “points” at a number of different check points. There is no defined route, some check-points are worth more than others. There is no need to go to all the checkpoints, but the more you get to the more points you can collect.
Details and check point locations will be given on race day.
Participants need to take a picture of themselves (or write an answer to the check-point questions) at each check point to collect the points for that location, and at some check points you will have an opportunity to gain even more points by completing and documenting certain actions.
Rain or shine. All ages welcome.
Participants can wear a costume for an extra 5 points immediately in the spirit of good times!
Winner will receive a totally awesome trophy!
Start place: The Green, behind Rusty’s and the Mat-Su Borough building. Look for the tent.
Start Time: 1 PM (after the Colony Day Parade)
Price: $10 to enter; Cash, check, or card can be accepted.
1) All participants must wear a functioning helmet.
2) All participants must have their own bikes and should ensure they are in good working order (i.e. working brakes, tightened nuts and bolts, and securely attached wheels).
3) All participants are responsible for their riding, must obey all rules of the road, and operate their bicycle in a safe manner.
4) All participants must pay the entry fee of $10 per rider to be entered in the event.
5) All participants must document their checkpoint locations by taking a picture of themselves at each location. Participants are responsible for their own camera (or camera phone).
You will need:
1) $10 to enter (money raised will go to local bike trail projects (VMBaH, Palmer Bike Park, Government Peak Single Track, etc.)
2) A bike of your choice. Should probably be in good working order!
3) Any camera will do (including phones)
4) Wear a costume for an extra immediate 5 points if you want!
This is all in good fun. Bring a friend or two, the whole family, and a smile!
Go to www.palmerchamber.org to download the entry form.