SprocKidz Summer Program
Signup is limited to the first 100.
Questions? Email email@example.com
What is SprocKidz?
SprocKidz is a summer, youth mountain biking program right here in the Valley! SprocKidz introduces mountain biking to kids ages 8-18, teaches fundamental bike handling skills, builds confidence and promotes fitness through the pursuit of fun!
The 2017 season
June 5-July 26 — Mondays and Wednesdays, 6-7:30 p.m.
Primary location: Matanuska Lakes State Park, Mile 36.4 Glenn Highway.
Other ride day locations and dates for the end of season party and dig day will be announced.
What is the cost?
For 2017: $100 for first child; $25 for each additional child
The cost of SprocKidz will always include the VMBaH membership fee. Registered kids must be a member of Valley Mountain Bikers and Hikers. The registration fee also includes a SprocKidz t-shirt, as well as all the fun they’ll have this summer!
What Does My Kid Need To Bring Each Day?
- Safe & properly working bike
- Properly fitted Helmet
- Either a water bottle or CamelBak style
- At least 20 oz.
- Bike Tube/Tire Repair
- Pump, tube, tire levers
- Wheel Sizes vary in bicycles; don’t assume someone else will have the
- Correct size tube for your kids bike
What age group is SprocKidz open to?
What Kind Of Bike Does My Kid Need?
- Properly fitted bike for your kid
- Geared bike (at least 5 or 6 speeds)
- Shifters & Brakes are in good working order and are SAFE!
- Preferably a hardtail (no rear suspension) for younger kids.
- Your kid’s bike should never weigh more than your kid!
Getting Your Bike Tuned Up and Taking Care of Repairs
We want your kids to have the most fun on the trails as possible. And this requires a tuned up bike with properly working parts. Throughout the summer your kids bike might need to be adjusted because they will be riding it, a lot! (Which is a good thing!) You can use your Valley Mountain Bikers and Hikers discount (10% off)
Happy Bike = Happy Kids!
At the end of the season you are responsible to get your rental bike tuned up and fix any broken parts. We require a receipt showing the tune up and repairs were completed at the end of the season before you return the bike for a full refund on your deposit.
Suggestions to Improve Your Kid’s Experience
- Bug Dope!!
- Healthy snack or energy bar
- Sunglasses or eye protection
- Cycling Gloves
- Comfortable clothes
- Try finding clothes that are a blend of poly or another moisture wicking fabric
- * No jeans
- Athletic Sneakers or skate shoes
- * No Open Toe Shoes